Ways to Give
There Are So Many Ways to Give!
Make a One Time Donation, Give Monthly, or Adopt A Night
Food & Goods
Drop Off Donations Directly to the Shelter
Thank you for your food donation!
Note: We take food safety very seriously and can only accept food made in a commercial kitchen, or packaged food that is unopened and undamaged.
Please drop off food donations to the Shelter before 10:00 am or after 4:00 pm – otherwise there will be no one to accept your donation.
➟➟➟ Want to help but short on time? Purchase a Costco, King Soopers or Safeway gift card and mail it to the Shelter:
Boulder Shelter For The Homeless
(Attn: Kitchen Manager)
4869 N. Broadway
Boulder, CO 80304
Most Needed Items Right Now
- Salad Dressings
- Chicken Stock, (Or “Better Than Bouillion”)
- Individually-wrapped snacks, (Granola Bars, Chips, Cookies)
Fresh Fruits and Veggies
- Lettuce, (whole heads or bagged)
- Paper Coffee Cups
- Disposable Silverware
Have a question regarding food donations? Call our Kitchen Manager at (303) 468-4325, Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:00pm.
Most Needed Material Items:
Toiletries (travel-size preferred):
• Soap/Body Wash
• Shampoo and Conditioner
• Baby Powder/Foot Powder
• Disposable Razors and Shaving Cream
Over the Counter Medications:
• Ibuprofen, Tylenol, and Aspirin
• Vitamins: C,E, and Fish Oil
• Melatonin and Sleep Aids
• Allergy and Cold Medications (alcohol-free)
• Antibiotic Ointment and Band-Aids
• Nasal Strips
Basic Clothing Items:
• Aloe Vera
• Reusable Water Bottles
• Bandanas and/or Hats
• Bath Towels
• Wash Cloths
• Laundry Detergent
Regarding clothing donations: We suggest bringing these items to The Deacons’ Closet (303-402-6402) where our clients have regular access to free clothing and cold winter gear (jackets, boots, and sleeping bags). You can see their wish list and hours for donation drop off here.
Questions about a possible donation? Please send an email or call 303-468-4312.
Adopt a Night
Your gift of $487 provides a warm, clean bed, hot showers and meals for up to 160 people in need.
2022 Adopt a Night Sponsors
- 01.20.22: Cynthia Girand
- 01.24.22: The Brad and Annie Davids Family
- 01.25.22: Manish Nayyar
- 01.28.22: Anonymous
- 01.30.22: Hands and Feet
- 02.02.22: With love from the Hawley-Doane Family
- 02.03.22: Keith Kauffman
- 02.12.22: The Brad and Annie Davids Family
- 02.20.22: In memory of Mark Iserloth
- 02.21.22: The Bilbrey Family
- 02.22.22: The Bilbrey Family
- 02.23.22: Steve Sundstrom and family
- 02.24.22: Steve Sundstrom and family
- 02.25.22: Anonymous
- 03.17.22: The Brad and Annie Davids Family
- 03.20.22: William Prescott
- 03.22.22: Daniel Asher and Family
- 04.16.22: The Brad and Annie Davids Family
- 04.26.22: Anonymous
- 04.27.22: Anonymous
- 04.28.22: Anonymous
- 04.29.22: Anonymous
- 05.04.22: Ashley Richard
- 05.23.22: The Shigley Family
- 05.26.22: The Garrett Family
- 06.01.22: Bardon and Jennifer Higgins
- 06.02.22: Bardon and Jennifer Higgins
- 06.03.22: Bardon and Jennifer Higgins
- 06.04.22: Bardon an Jennifer Higgins
- 06.05.22: Bardon and Jennifer Higgins
- 06.30.22: Anonymous
- 07.12.22: Kelly & Varun
- 07.25.22: Javier Ramirez
- 07.28.22: Craig Berlingo
- 07.29.22: Craig Berlingo
- 08.01.22: In honor of Bobby Pelz & Erna Maj – Happy Anniversary!
- 08.02.22: Devaki Hanumante
- 08.10.22: In honor of Riley
- 09.19.22: The Brad and Annie Davids Family
- 09.22.22: William Prescott
- 10.02.22: The Brad and Annie Davids Family
- 10.06.22: The Brad and Annie Davids Family
- 10.13.22: The Brad and Annie Davids Family
- 10.20.22: Orvilla West Farm, LLC
- 10.26.22: Carol & John Grunsfield
- 11.06.22: The Brad and Annie Davids Family
- 11.07.22: Anonymous
- 11.10.22: Jeff Simpson
- 11.23.22: In memory of Iraj Haghighi
- 11.24.22: In memory of Iraj Haghighi
- 11.29.22: In memory of Amanda Elizabeth Olivo
- 11.30.22: The Visich Family
- 12.17.22: In memory of Jennifer Reilly
- 12.19.22: In memory of Jane Randolph
- 12.24.22: Holland and Hart LLP
- 12.25.22: Brett, Trisa, & Lilli Kingstone
2023 Adopt a Night Sponsors
There are Many Creative Ways to Give!
King Soopers Community Rewards
Sign Up for King Soopers Community Rewards
This program makes donating easy by donating to local organizations based on the shopping you do every day. Once you link your Card to the Boulder Shelter, all you have to do is shop at King Soopers and swipe your Shopper’s Card. Make a donation with every purchase at no cost to you! Sign Up ➟ ➟ ➟
Donate a Car
The process of donating your vehicle is easy and makes such an impact for the Shelter. In addition, your donation entitles you to take a charitable contribution on your tax return (as allowed by tax law). The Boulder Shelter receives 100% of the net proceeds.
You can begin your donation process online through Car Donation Wizard or call 888-775-5435.
Sending Shares Electronically
If you hold shares in a brokerage account, you may request that your broker transfer shares electronically via the Depository Trust Company (DTC).
Please provide your broker with the following information to transfer shares to Boulder Shelter for the Homeless via DTC:
Firm: Charles Schwab & Co. Inc.
DTC Number: 0164
DTC Code: 40
Account Name: Boulder Shelter for the Homeless
Account Number: 1069-4925
For further inquiries on donating securities, please contact our Development Department by email or call 303-468-4312.
Did you know that 70% of Americans pass away without leaving a will? And yet giving through your will, once loved ones have been taken care of, is one of the easiest ways to give a gift to the Shelter. The wording is simple and you can even designate which specific programs you would like your gift to support.
“I give, devise and bequeath, to the Boulder Shelter for the Homeless, a Colorado 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation, [% of assets or specific dollar amount] for the benefit of [specific program or general operating support].”
In addition, naming the Shelter as a beneficiary of a 401(k) plan, an IRA, a pension plan or an insurance policy is just as easy, and designating a small percentage of your assets can help ensure that the Shelter will always be here for people who need help getting back on their feet.
The Shelter is a member of the Colorado Leave a Legacy organization, and we would be happy to send you a packet with more information. Please call 303-468-4312 or email our Development Department.
Families and friends of loved ones who have passed away often wish to make a gift in memory of someone special. The Boulder Shelter welcomes these meaningful gifts as a way to honor a loved one. Please be sure to include the name of the person you want to memorialize and the name and address of the person you want us to notify of the gift. Make your memorial gift donation here.
Mail Us a Check
Boulder Shelter for the Homeless
4869 North Broadway
Boulder, CO 80304
Corporate Sponsorship Opportunities
We invite corporations to partner with the Boulder Shelter and make a meaningful impact on the mission of the Boulder Shelter. Corporate partners are highlighted on our website, in our quarterly newsletters, given access to employee group volunteer opportunities and are promoted at our events.
The Boulder Shelter’s corporate sponsorship packages range from $1,000 to $10,000 and are structured to provide maximum visibility for each corporation. To see some of the benefits of Boulder Shelter corporate sponsorship, please see the links below and contact us so we can partner with you.
For more information about sponsorships, please contact our Development Department at 303-468-4312 or email us.
Matching Gifts Program
Does your employer have a matching gifts program? Your gift could be doubled, or even tripled, if your employer offers a matching gift program. Contact us if you are unsure as we would be happy to look into it or contact the company’s human resources department for the appropriate paperwork.